This is not just any apple pie smoothie…..this is a sneaky apple pie smoothie…Why?
Because it contains this:
And you’d never guess….(That is if you were colour blind and couldn’t see that it is bright green)
I had to go to the airport this morning and took my jam jar filled with green smoothie along and I got some strange stares:) Nevertheless, if you can get past the shock of drinking a smoothie that is the colour of grass, it REALLY does taste good. Amazingly, you don’t taste the spinach at all!
- 3/4 cup of ice cubes
- 2 golden delicious apples, cored and quartered (leave the peel intact)
- 1/2-3/4 large ripe frozen banana
- 1/2 cup milk (I used homemade almond milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder/extract/vanilla essence
- I teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch all spice
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 large handful of baby/english spinach
- honey or sweetener of choice to taste (I added a heaped tablespoon of honey)
- Ice cold water can be added to thin out the mixture depending on preference. I pour and stir until it is thinner as I don’t like green smoothies to be thick
Throw all ingredients except honey and cold water into your blender. Stop to scrape down from time to time as needed. Once blended, taste and add honey/sweetener to suit your taste. Blend further and add cold water until desired consistency is achieved.