This has become one of my favourite ways to start the day. It is bursting with vitamins, iron and anti-oxidants! Raw cacao and maca together also have a wonderful “pick-me up” effect – so ditch your morning coffee and start slurping up this good stuff for an extra boost of energy that should take you right through to lunch time.
- 1 cup frozen berries of choice (I love blackberries or sweet black cherries, but any berry will work well here)
- 1 very ripe frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao (or cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon maca (optional but great for an energy boost)
- sweetener to taste (agave, honey, maple syrup, dates)
- cold water to blend to desired consistency
- cacao nibs and goji berries (optional but at least the nibs are HIGHLY recommended for crunch)
Place all ingredients except sweetener, nibs and goji berries into a blender and blend into delicious smoothie goodness! Go slow with the water – add just enough until the texture suits your liking. Add sweetener right at the end according to taste. Lastly stir some cacao nibs and goji berries through.
Pour it into a glass jar and off you go with a healthy smoothie to sip on, providing you with healthy energy all the way to lunch time:)