I got the idea for this from here. You do the preparation the night before, which means it comes together nice and quickly before work in the morning. It tastes like a cross between chocolate yoghurt and chocolate pudding…..What better way to start the day?
- 1 flat teaspoon agar agar powder or 3 flat teaspoons agar agar flakes
- 1 and 1/3 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- a small pinch of salt
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 2 heaped teaspoons raw cocoa powder (Or to taste! If you are a dark chocolate fan, go heavy on the cocoa. If not, start with 1 flat teaspoon and add according to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1-2 tablespoons milk of choice (see note)
- sweetener of choice
Pour milk into a small pot and stir in agar agar. Leave to thicken for 10 minutes. Bring to the boil (stirring occasionally) and simmer for 10 minutes (still stirring occasionally). Leave to cool on stove top and then place the pot into the fridge and leave it open overnight. The next morning you will find a gross-looking layer of jelly in your pot. Throw that, along with all the other ingredients, into a blender and blend (scraping and nudging here and there) until a yoghurt consistency is achieved. Only if needed, you may want to add a tablespoon of milk to make blending easier. I add about 2 tablespoons usually.
I like chopping up sweet strawberries and stirring them through. Feel free to add a chocolate chip or two:)
Yay for chocolate!