Yesterday was a rainy, cold Sunday afternoon and I was in the mood for chocolate….Even more than usual. This is my usual recipe for when the urge for moist, rich, chocolate cake with delectable lumps of melted chocolate strikes – I thought it is only kind to share the recipe;)
I have adapted this recipe.
- 4 tablespoons of gluten-free self-raising flour (The flour you use really makes a difference. In South Africa, I recommend Glutagon Self-raising. If you are not gluten intolerant, use wheat flour.)
- 2 tablespoons agave granules or coconut sugar (use normal sugar if you prefer)
- 1.5 tablespoons raw cacao (or cocoa powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (you can use any neutral tasting vegetable oil too)
- 1.5 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder (or extract or essence)
- 2 x 70% lindt squares broken into pieces (or use chocolate chips or your favourite dark chocolate broken up)
Mix all dry ingredients thoroughly in a mug. Add wet ingredients and mix until well-combined. Stir chocolate chips through. Microwave for 1 min 30 seconds. Leave in microwave for another 30 seconds.
- PS: Microwave times do vary so increase or decrease accordingly. If you overbake it, it becomes very dry. If you bake it just right, it is fluffy and soft. Play until you get it perfect:)