This easy delicious breakfast is packed with protein and very filling. It will keep you satisfied and full for hours. You can play around with it and make many variations – have fun!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 cups raw buckwheat groats soaked in water overnight, then rinsed and drained
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup agave/maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- extras to add to the blender to flavour the porridge – I used about 1,5 teaspoons vanilla powder, lots of cinnamon, several heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder, 1 teaspoon of maca powder and 1 heaped tablespoon of natural peanut butter. I also added 1 tablespoon erythritol/stevia mixture as I like my breakfasts sweet:)
- extras to stir in or add on top – I used cacao nibs, banana slices and dried cranberries
Add rinsed and drained buckwheat, almond milk and syrup to a food processor and blend. Add additional flavouring to suit your taste. As always, go slow on adding extras until you are satisfied with the result – you can always add but can not remove! I strongly suggest adding the ingredients I added just to try it out, but do not go on my quantities – go according to your taste buds:) I layered cacao nibs and cranberries throughout…
Store leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow!