This is by far one of the best breakfasts that I have ever had. I struggled to fit it all in, but it was sooo delicious that there was not even a spec of ice cream left when I was done:) Best of all, as always, all ingredients are totally natural and this entire jar full of ice cream is refined sugar free!
- Really ripe frozen bananas (first peel, then freeze)
- Frozen raspberries (or any other berry that takes your fancy)
- vanilla powder or extract
- Sweetener of choice (Optional. I didn’t use any because the date-based chocolate sauce is very sweet.)
- Dried cranberries (optional, but recommended)
- Cacao nibs (optional, but recommended)
- Chopped up dried fig (optional, but recommended)
- water or your preferred nut milk
- Chocolate fudge sauce
First make your chocolate sauce and set aside. Get any toppings you would like to use ready.
To make the banana ice cream, place frozen bananas into your food processor and pulse until broken up. Add a splash of water/nut milk and vanilla powder if you like, then blend until it forms a delicious ice cream. Scoop out and set aside.
To make the raspberry ice cream, place frozen bananas and raspberries into your food processor and pulse until broken up. Add a splash of water/nut milk and blend until it forms a beautiful pink ice cream. You can use as little or much raspberries as you like – it’s really hard to mess up banana-based ice creams:) Scoop out and set aside.
Now layer the ice creams into a mason jar, scooping loads of chocolate sauce and sprinkling any toppings of choice (I used dried figs, dried cranberries and cacao nibs) between each layer. Pour more chocolate sauce on top and experience the ultimate bliss….