I love pasta! Who doesn’t? But this pasta is particularly amazing because not only does it throw a party for your taste buds but it is FULLY RAW, overt fat-free, salt-free and you can whip it up in 10 minutes!
I do suggest that you invest in a spiraliser to make raw spaghetti if you are into healthy eating. Spiralisers are inexpensive and come with different blades so that you can turn a whole variety of veggies like carrots, sweet potato, butternut, cucumber, zucchini….etc etc etc..into gorgeous noodles in the size of your preference – angel hair, normal spaghetti thickness and thick. You can also use it to chop cabbage for a quick cold slaw. However, if you don’t have a spiraliser – you can still make this recipe by using a vegetable peeler to peel your zucchini into thin noodles. It doesn’t quite give the same pasta feel but it’ll do just fine and you can still enjoy this wonderful meal:)
- zucchini for pasta
- 7 VERY RIPE large red juicy tomatoes (yucky, flavourless, sour, unripe tomatoes will make for an aweful sauce)
- 1 large carrot
- 2 celery stalks (the stalks – not the leaves)
- 1/2 large red pepper, seeded
- 50g sundried tomatoes (if you have a vitamix, don’t worry about soaking them first. If not, first soak them in a little water for 2-3 hours, then drain the water and use.)
- 35g dates (any kind)
- 2 small/medium cloves of garlic
- nutritional yeast, freshly ground black pepper, spring onion as toppings
Spiralise (or use your veggie peeler) to make your desired amount of spaghetti. Set aside. Just remember that once the sauce is mixed through, the volume of pasta shrinks considerably so always make a bit more rather than less.
Now for the tricky part….Chuck all ingredients into your blender/vitamix and blend into a smooth sauce. Wow! “Cooking” a raw meal is hard work, hey?;)
Taste the sauce and tweak to your liking. Then pour it over the pasta and mix it through nicely with your hands. Leave the pasta and sauce to make friends for a few minutes, top with loads of black pepper, nutritional yeast and chopped spring onion and bring out the chopsticks because dinner is on the table!