Simple, quick, healthy and full of chocolatey goodness:)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup dairy free milk/ boiling water
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons raw cacoa powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder/extract/essence
- 1 ripe banana, roughly sliced
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice mixed with a touch of maple syrup/agave/honey (optional)
- sweetener of choice to taste (I used 2 teaspoons erythritol/stevia mixture)
Simmer oats, almond milk/water and pinch of salt in a small pot on the stove over medium heat until oats is cooked to your liking. While the oats is cooking, stir in cacao, vanilla and banana slices. Using an immersion stick blender, blend the oats/banana mixture while in the pot. Alternatively, you could pour the mixture into your food processor and give it a whirl. Once relatively smooth, allow to continue to cook until nice and thick/creamy. If you want to thicken it up even more, feel free to add in a teaspoon of chia seeds. Pour this into a bowl and set aside.
In a small cup, mix a tablespoon peanut butter with a dash of syrup to sweeten it. Drizzle this over the oats if desired. Sprinkle with granular/liquid sweetener of choice and breakfast is served!
Have a fabulous day!