This is a lovely rich smoothie to have after a heavy morning workout. It is full of superfoods to leave you feeling energised all day! It is ever so slightly adapted from this recipe.
- 1 large frozen ripe banana
- ½ cup blueberries (I use frozen ones from woolies)
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon oats
- 5-8 pitted dates, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or other nut butter)
- About 1 cup cold water or plant-based milk of choice (start with half a cup and add while blending until consistency is drinkable through a straw)
- You can add agave or honey to taste for a sweeter smoothie. Personally, I like it just as is. The dates leave little chewy bits which give a lovely burst of sweetness!
Put all the ingredients into your blender and blend. You may need to give a stir here and there and scrape down the sides of the blender jug.
Top with blueberries, walnuts and a swirl of honey or however you prefer.