If you regularly make almond milk, you end up with a ton of almond pulp as a byproduct….Why let it go to waste?! This is a quick way to whip up a tasty, healthy snack while using up your almond pulp at the same time:) This is a slightly tweaked version of this recipe.
- 1 3/4 cups almond pulp (I make my milk with almonds with skin intact)
- 3/4 cup soft pitted dates (I use half medjool, half normal dates)
- 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- essence of your preference to taste. I tried vanilla and almond essence and like them both, but rum essence is by FAR my favourite. I put quite a lot of rum essence in, but adjust yours to suit your taste.
- 1/4 heaped cup of dried cranberries
First put all the dates in your food processor and blend into a paste. Mine kind of forms a ball of mush. Now add all ingredients except for the last 2 and process until mixed thoroughly. Now add the cranberries and blend until chopped to your liking. I like having little chunks of cranberries in my balls so I don’t process it too thoroughly. Now add your essence/extract of choice until it tastes good to you.
Play around. I have added orange zest and a few orange segments before and just added a bit more pulp to make the consistency firm enough. You can try coconut essence too. Try adding liquor – I want to try amaretto soon:) Roll them in cocoa powder or dessicated coconut if you like. Or even roll them in hundreds of thousands!
Most of all – have fun in the kitchen!